Friday, April 29, 2011

you say potato, i say potato


Our good friend Tesfaye recently convinced me to grow potatoes in old tires on the side of my house.  Have you ever heard of this?  Apparently, as they grow you stack up more tires...  I'm not really sure.  Since Tesfaye is a gardener, I seem to take his word without questioning it.  So, between the rest of our garden and our chickens (did I tell you we got 3 more?), I don't think we'll be going hungry any time soon.  Have any of you ever grown potatoes?  Have you ever heard of growing them in old tires?  I'll keep you posted on how it goes...


Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

That's interesting. Do you stack another tire on top or fill a second one with dirt and put the first one on top of that?

John Romeo Alpha said...

Hmm, how do you lift the increasingly heavy pile of tires potatoes and dirt? I think I might just guess how high it needed to be when I planted them. Or do you stack on top?

The Willows said...

ok, so i do know that you stack the tires on top, but other than that i can't say i am exactly sure... like i said, i tend to just trust in tesfaye. i will be sure to ask him and get back to you with some more answers. thanks for the comments, ladies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location