Tuesday, August 31, 2010

my craft room

If it can even really be called that right now...


Clearly not a lot of crafting is taking place in there at the moment. Needless to say, I have been a little distracted with other things and it more or less became a good dumping ground for things I needed to get out of my kitchen. Now we are having it painted, so everything is stacked in the center of the room and I will have some serious organizing to do when it is all over...


I have this built in desk in the corner of the craft room and I have been trying to decide if I should paint it black or gray or some color... can't quite decide... What do you think? As always, I love to hear your suggestions!


Hope you don't mind me sharing my clutter. I am hoping now that I have posted these pictures, I will get my self motivated to clean it all up and have some fantastic "after" pictures to show for.

11 comments:

Angie said...

LOVE the green table in the center!!!!!

AntiqueChase said...

My craft room is in a similar state of disaster!! Love that you are keeping it real!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Wow, I love the industrial shelving and the bins! I was just thinking what a mess my office/craft room is too.
Hugs, Sherry

Rosanne said...

I think a gray would be fantastic on that desk. And is it mean of me to be a little bit happy to see you have one room in your house that isn't perfect. But I know it will be spectacular shortly.

Unknown said...

where did you get your wire basket containers for all your craft supplies? also where did you find your fabric for your bucket chairs? so absolutely beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

thanks for the pics, I don't feel so bad about my current mess. I think a green to coordinate with the green table top might be nice. Maybe just a dry brush effect to see the white underneath. I am sure whatever you choose it will be great with the other elements in the room. Good luck on the organizing.

Kristen White said...

Although a little disorganized right at the moment I can tell it is a wonderful space! Love the industrial shelves! Can't wait to see when you get it whipped back into shape!!!

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Oh, there's hope! :) Your home is not (absolutely) perfect...for now anyway! That industrial shelf is scrumptious! LOVE that green table. Speaking of GREEN! Thought of you today. Nordstrom's sale of GREEN Converse tennie! :)

janine said...

Hi Bev,

Even if your craft room is disorganised at the moment, you can't hide the fact that it's still gorgeous. There is beautiful things in this room that stand out whether it be messy or tidy...the three white canisters are lovely on the shelves above your white desk and the pewter jug also on the white desk is lovely also!!! I'm also with everyone else and love the industrial shelving and the green table in the middle of the room. Thanks for sharing.
Take care
Janine
XXOO
Tasmania, Australia

Lora said...

i vote for gray. Lovin' that color right now. I need some gray in my house.

Cindy at Some Really Neat Stuff said...

The color for the desk depends on the color of the walls. That being said, if it was me, I'd leave it the color it is so you can be done sooner with the room. You can always paint it later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location